This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N° 817991.
BRINGING DOWN THE COST OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL BUILDING-INTEGRATED PHOTOVOLTAIC (BIPV) SYSTEMS
BIPV market uptake has been hindered in the past years by the difficulties of the industry in providing holistic solutions complying with key demands from the market, such as aesthetics, flexibility of design and cost-effectiveness. In this sense, a joint industrial effort is crucial to conceive and develop highly-efficient and multifunctional energy producing construction materials that enable boosting market opportunities at a world-wide level for the European photovoltaic and construction industry value chains.
BIPVBOOST will address these challenges by implementing short-and medium-term cost reduction roadmaps along the BIPV value chain, at 4 levels:
- Flexible and automated BIPV manufacturing line development
- Large portfolio of multifunctional BIPV product
- Digitalized process and energy management system (EMS) along the value chain
- Advanced standardization activities supporting the qualification of BIPV systems for a massive implementation in the building skin
BIPVBOOST aims to develop highly efficient and multifunctional energy producing construction materials in order to provide market opportunities at a world-wide level for the European photovoltaic and construction industry. Furthermore, the project strives to achieve significant cost reduction while maintaining flexibility of design, high performance, long-term reliability and design aesthetics.
BIPVBOOST puts emphasis on standardisation and regulatory compliance to allow for fast market uptake. To achieve this, the project is designing a flexible and automated manufacturing line for building integrated photovoltaic system. Furthermore, BIPVBOOST provides energy management tools that optimally address the operational needs of the buildings energy system. This digital approach provides the means for advanced standardisation activities and thus significant cost reduction of building’s PV systems.
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- SCUOLA UNIVERSITARIA PROFESSIONALE DELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA
- ONYX SOLAR ENERGY SL
- ENERBIM SARL
- MONDRAGON ASSEMBLY SOCIEDAD COOPERATIVA
- OPTIMAL COMPUTING
- ICARES CONSULTING
- WIRTSCHAFT UND INFRASTRUKTUR GMBH & CO PLANUNGS KG
- CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DU BATIMENT
- ACCADEMIA EUROPEA DI BOLZANO
- CYCLECO SAS
- TULIPPS BV
- FLISOM AG
- VIRIDEN + PARTNER AG
- INSTITUTO DE SISTEMAS FOTOVOLTAICOSDE CONCENTRACION SA
- PIZ SRL
- COMSA SAU
- ERNST SCHWEIZER AG
Start date: 1 October 2018 - End date: 30 September 2022