1. Sustainable Energy Communities: working together at a local, regional or national level, towards a genuine change in energy suply and energy use on the basis of a coherent plan, involving a range of public and private stakeholders.
2. Market Transformation including voluntary commitments: working to reduce market barriers and effect positive lasting change in the market for energy efficient goods, appliances and services, with the objectives of increasing their market share and informing the consumer of their advantages.
3. Promotional, communication and educational actions: working to increase public awareness on a range of sustainable energy issues and products.
4. Demonstration and dissemination projects: working to ensure effective implementation and dissemination of a range of technologies, in the major sectors: buildings, transport, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
5. Cooperation programmes: working to transfer sustainable energy know-how to developing countries.
The deadline to participate in the Awards Competition 2010 is the 15th of December 2009.