This workshop explored the nexus between the digital transition and the energy transition of the EU building stock, with a focus on the needed skills for professionals of the buildings value chain. It took place during the CONSTRUMAT’19 international trade fair in Barcelona, Spain, and was organised as part of the European Commission’s BUILD UP Skills initiative supporting the upskilling of building professionals to meet the European energy and climate targets.
The workshop consisted of one plenary presentation, two breakout sessions with 2 specific sessions each, one panel discussion and one closing session. A total of 75 participants attended.
This event was held with participation from European Commission specialists, national authorities, building industry representatives, education & training experts and EU-funded projects.
Some of the topics discussed included:
- Current trends in digital innovation in the buildings sector
- The revised Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
- What digitalisation means for building professionals
- Digital skills training for building professionals
- Success stories in upskilling the buildings’ industry
One of the event’s main objectives was to gather stakeholders’ feedback on the possible funding priorities under the BUILD UP Skills initiative after 2020.
You can watch the video of the event in our YouTube channel!